28-Day Repeat-Dose, Dose Escalation Study of 11-β Methyl Nortestosterone Dodecylcarbonate (11β-MNTDC) in Healthy Men
a study on Contraception
- for males ages 18-50 (full criteria)
- Healthy Volunteers
- healthy people welcome
- at UCLA
- study startedestimated completion
This is a Phase I multicenter, double-blind, repeat dose, dose-escalating study, in healthy men to evaluate the safety and tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of 11-β Methyl Nortestosterone Dodecylcarbonate (11β-MNTDC).
28-Day Repeat-Dose, Dose Escalation Safety and Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics Study of 11-β Methyl Nortestosterone Dodecylcarbonate (11β-MNTDC) in Healthy Men
This repeat dose, dose-ranging study will be conducted at two centers: the Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and the University of Washington.
Two doses of 11β-MNTDC (200 mg and 400 mg) were selected for a dose-escalating 28-day repeat dose study. Twenty subjects will complete this study at each of the 11β-MNTDC (15 on 11β-MNTDC and 5 on placebo) yielding a total of 40 completed subjects (30 on 11β-MNTDC and 10 on placebo) across both sites. Safety will be assessed in subjects receiving the lower dosage before additional men receive the higher dose for 28 days. In addition to safety and tolerability, suppression of serum T, calculated free T, E2, gonadotropins (LH & FSH), and SHBG will also be assessed as secondary pharmacodynamic (PD) endpoints. The 24-hour detailed PK of 11β-MNTDC will be assessed on Days 1 and 28. Trough levels of 11β-MNTDC will be obtained throughout the 28-day treatment period, at 48 and 72 hours (Days 30 and 31) after the last dose and at the End of Study visit (between Days 70-76).
Healthy Men Male Contraception Androgen Nandrolone Nandrolone Decanoate Nandrolone phenpropionate 11β-methyl-nortestosterone-dodecylcarbonate
You can join if…
Open to males ages 18-50
Men who meet all the following criteria are eligible for enrollment in the trial:
- Male volunteers in good health as confirmed by physical examination, medical history, and clinical laboratory tests of blood and urine at the time of screening.
- 18 to 50 years of age (inclusive) at the time of the enrollment visit.
- BMI ≤ 33 calculated as weight in kg/ (height in m2).
- No history of hormonal therapy use in the three months prior to the first screening visit.
- Subject agrees to use a recognized effective method of contraception with any female partner during the course of the study.
- Subjects agrees to refrain from donating blood or plasma during the study period and from participating in other investigational drug studies.
- Subjects agrees to refrain from excessive alcohol consumption during the study period. (No more than 15 drinks per week and no alcohol consumption within 24 hours of a study visit.)
- Subjects agrees to refrain from significant changes in their current exercise regimen during the drug exposure period.
- No known or suspected current alcohol dependence syndrome, chronic marijuana use, or any illicit drug use that may affect metabolism/transformation of steroid hormones and study treatment compliance.
- . In the opinion of the investigator, subject can comply with the protocol, understand and sign an informed consent and HIPAA form.
You CAN'T join if...
Men who meet any of the following criteria are NOT eligible for enrollment in the trial:
- Men participating in another clinical trial involving an investigational drug within 30 days prior to the first screening visit.
- Men not living in the catchment area of the clinic or within a reasonable distance from the study site.
- Clinically significant abnormal physical or laboratory findings at screening.
- Elevated PSA (levels ≥ 2.5 ng/mL) at screening, per local laboratory normal values.
- Abnormal serum chemistry values at screening, per local laboratory reference ranges that indicate liver or kidney dysfunction or that may be considered clinically significant. In addition, the following upper limits will be observed: fasting bilirubin less than 2 mg/dL, cholesterol less than 221 mg/dL, and fasting triglycerides less than 201 mg/dL.
- Abnormal semen analyses or abnormal semen concentration as defined by the WHO semen manual.
- Use of androgens within 3 months before the first screening visit except for long acting, intramuscular testosterone undecanoate which will require a wash out period of 6 months prior to randomization.
- Ongoing use of body building substances including nutritional supplements.
- Systolic BP > 135 mm Hg and Diastolic blood pressure BP > 85 and mm Hg; Blood pressure (BP) will be taken 3 times at 5 - minute intervals and the mean of all measurements be used to determine eligibility.
- . Clinically significant abnormal EKG or a QTc interval of > 450 msec.
- . PHQ-9 score of 15 or above.
- . History of hypertension, including hypertension controlled with medication.
- . Known history of primary testicular disease or disorders of the hypothalamic-pituitary axis.
- . Benign or malignant liver tumors, active liver disease or known non-alchoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- . History of breast carcinoma.
- . Known history of androgen deficiency due to hypothalamic-pituitary or testicular disease.
- . Known history of cardiovascular, renal, hepatic or prostatic disease or significant psychiatric illness.
- . Positive serology for active Hepatitis (not immunization-related serology) or HIV at screening visit.
- . A serious systemic disease such as diabetes mellitus.
- . History of known, untreated sleep apnea.
- . Partner is known to be pregnant.
- . Men desiring fertility within the first 24 weeks of study participation.
- . Men participating in competitive sports where drug screening for prohibited substances (including anabolic steroids) is routine. Exclusion is due to the potential of testing positive for androgens that may occur from their study participation coupled with the unknown efficacy (i.e. duration of positive testing) of a single dose.
- . Subjects taking anticonvulsants.
- . Subjects taking recombinant human growth factor (HGH).
- . Subjects with a hematocrit greater than 55%.
- . Previous participation in this clinical trial or any trials of 11-Beta MNTDC.
- . Any site staff member with delegated study responsibilities or a family member of a site staff member with delegated study responsibilities.
- Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Torrance California 90509 United States
- University of Washington Medical Center & Health Sciences
Seattle Washington 98195 United States
- in progress, not accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Health Decisions
- Phase 1
- Study Type
- Last Updated