A Phase 1/2 Study Evaluating MCLA-129, a Human Anti-EGFR and Anti-c-MET Bispecific Antibody, in Patients With Advanced NSCLC and Other Solid Tumors
- for people ages 18 years and up (full criteria)
- at UC Irvine
- study startedestimated completion
A phase 1/2 open-label multicenter study will be performed with an initial dose escalation part to determine the MTD and/or the RP2D of MCLA-129 as monotherapy in patients with NSCLC, or HNSCC or other solid tumors and who have progressed after receiving prior therapy for advanced/metastatic disease.
Phase 1/2 Dose Escalation and Expansion Study Evaluating MCLA-129, a Human Anti-EGFR and Anti-c-MET Bispecific Antibody, in Patients With Advanced NSCLC and Other Solid Tumors
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed solid tumors with evidence of metastatic or locally advanced unresected disease that is incurable.
- Patients with NSCLC or other solid tumors who have failed prior standard first-line treatment. Patients must have progressed on or be intolerant to therapies that are known to provide clinical benefit. There is no limit to the number of prior treatment regimens.
- Availability of archival or a fresh tumor tissue sample.
- Measurable disease as defined by RECIST version 1.1 by radiologic methods.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1.
- Life expectancy ≥ 12 weeks, as per Investigator.
- Adequate organ function:
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ≥1.5 X 109/L
- Hemoglobin ≥9 g/dL
- Platelets ≥100 x 109/L
- Corrected total serum calcium within normal ranges
- Serum magnesium within normal ranges (or corrected with supplements)
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST) ≤3 x upper limit of normal (ULN) and total bilirubin ≤1.5 x ULN (patients with Gilbert's syndrome are eligible if conjugated bilirubin value is within normal limits); in cases of liver involvement, ALT/AST ≤5 x ULN and total bilirubin ≤2 x ULN will be allowed
- Serum creatinine ≤1.5 x ULN or creatinine clearance ≥50 mL/min calculated according to the Cockcroft and Gault formula or MDRD formula for patients aged >65 years
- Serum albumin >3.3 g/dL
You CAN'T join if...
- Central nervous system metastases that are untreated or symptomatic, or require radiation, surgery, or continued steroid therapy (> 10 mg prednisone or equivalent) to control symptoms within 14 days of study entry.
- Known leptomeningeal involvement.
- Participation in another clinical study or treatment with any investigational drug within 4 weeks prior to study entry.
- Prior treatment with a bispecific EGFR-c-MET antibody.
- Systemic anticancer therapy or immunotherapy within 4 weeks or 5 half-lives, whichever is shorter, of the first dose of study drug. For cytotoxic agents that have major delayed toxicity (e.g., mitomycin C, nitrosoureas), a washout period of 6 weeks is required.
- Major surgery or radiotherapy within 3 weeks of the first dose of study drug.
- Persistent grade >1 clinically significant toxicities related to prior antineoplastic therapies (except for alopecia); stable sensory neuropathy ≤ grade 2 NCI-CTCAE v5.0 and hypothyroidism ≤ grade 2 which is stable on hormone replacement are allowed.
- History of hypersensitivity reaction or any toxicity attributed to human proteins or any of the excipients that warranted permanent cessation of these agents.
- History of clinically significant cardiovascular disease including, but not limited to:
- Diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism within 1 month prior to first dose of study drug, or any of the following within 6 months prior to the first dose of study drug: myocardial infarction, unstable angina, stroke, transient ischemic attack, coronary/peripheral artery bypass graft, or any acute coronary syndrome.
- Prolonged QT interval > 480 msec or clinically significant cardiac arrythmia or electrophysiologic disease (i.e., placement of implantable cardioverter defibrillator or atrial fibrillation with uncontrolled rate). Patients with cardiac pacemakers who are clinically stable are eligible.
- Uncontrolled (persistent) arterial hypertension: systolic blood pressure > 180 mm Hg and/or diastolic blood pressure > 100 mm Hg.
- Congestive heart failure (CHF) defined as New York Heart Association (NYHA) class III-IV or hospitalization for CHF within 6 months of the first dose of study drug.
- Clinically significant pericardial effusion.
- History of interstitial lung disease including drug-induced interstitial lung disease, radiation pneumonitis that requires treatment with prolonged steroids or other immune suppressive agents within 1 year.
- Previous or concurrent malignancy, excluding non-basal cell carcinomas of skin or carcinoma in situ of the uterine cervix, unless the tumor was treated with curative or palliative intent and in the opinion of the Investigator, with Sponsor agreement, the previous or concurrent malignancy condition does not affect the assessment of safety and efficacy of the study drug.
- Current dyspnea at rest of any origin, or other diseases requiring continuous oxygen therapy.
- Current serious illness or medical conditions including, but not limited to uncontrolled active infection, clinically significant pulmonary, metabolic or psychiatric disorders
- Active Hepatitis B infection (HBsAg positive) without receiving antiviral treatment.
- Positive test for Hepatitis C ribonucleic acid (HCV RNA);
- Known history of HIV (HIV 1/2 antibodies).
- University of California, Irvine
accepting new patients
Orange California 92868 United States
- START Mountain Region
accepting new patients
West Valley City Utah 84119 United States
- accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Merus N.V.
- Phase 1/2 research study
- Study Type
- Expecting 150 study participants
- Last Updated