Study of LAU-7b for the Treatment of COVID-19 Disease in Adults
a study on COVID-19
- for people ages 18 years and up (full criteria)
- at UC Davis
- study startedestimated completion
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2/3 Study of LAU-7b against confirmed COVID-19 Disease in hospitalized patients at a higher risk of complications.
RESOLUTION: A Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Phase II/III Study of the Efficacy and Safety of LAU-7b in the Treatment of Adult Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19 Disease
RESOLUTION is a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2/3 study of LAU-7b for the treatment of COVID-19 Disease in patients at a higher risk than the general COVID-19 Disease population to develop complications while hospitalized.
The goal of the study is to evaluate the efficacy of LAU-7b therapy + standard-of-care relative to placebo + standard-of-care in patients with COVID-19 Disease with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection.
The purpose of the treatment with LAU-7b is to prevent the worsening of the health of hospitalized patients including aggravation such as recourse to mechanical ventilation and death.
The means are the direct effects of LAU-7b on the resolution of inflammation, interference with viral proliferation and protection from excessive pro-inflammatory response.
COVID-19 Disease, Inflammation, Antiviral, Host-directed treatment, Docosahexaenoic acid, Pro-resolving, COVID-19, Fenretinide, LAU-7b
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
- Subjects must exhibit symptoms (including at least one lower respiratory symptom such as shortness of breath or dyspnea) of COVID-19 disease at screening and/or since the start of their hospitalization (may include treated symptoms;
- Subjects must be 18 years and older, of either gender;
- Subjects must have at least one of the following factors/co-morbidities:
- Controlled or uncontrolled diabetes;
- Pre-existing cardiovascular disease, including hypertension;
- Pre-existing respiratory disease such as COPD, asthma, emphysema;
- Active or a former smoker with a 20 pack-years of smoking history;
- Obesity as depicted by body mass index ≥ 30;
- Laboratory tests indicative of a higher risk of COVID-19-related complications, such as troponin >1.5 upper limit of normal, D-dimer >3.0 upper limit of normal and/or CRP >1.5 upper limit of normal
- Patient aged 70 years and older who, based on the judgment of the Investigator, is at a higher risk of developing complications.
- Subjects must have a documented positive test for the SARS-CoV-2 virus;
- Subjects must be under observation by, or admitted to a controlled facility or hospital to receive standard-of-care for COVID-19 disease (care for COVID-19 disease should be for no more than 72 hours before screening, including any prior stay in another hospital);
- Subject's health status must be 3 or 4 on the ordinal scale, and not previously a "5 or a 6";
- If female, must be either post-menopausal (one year or greater without menses), surgically sterile, or, for female subjects of child-bearing potential who are capable of conception, must be: practicing a highly effective method of birth control (acceptable methods include intrauterine device, complete abstinence, spermicide + barrier, male partner surgical sterilization, or hormonal contraception) during the study and through 30 days after the last dose of the study medication. Periodical abstinence is not classified as an effective method of birth control. A pregnancy test must be negative at the Screening Visit;
- Subjects must have the ability to understand and give informed consent, which can be verbal with a witness, according to local requirements;
Subjects deemed capable of adequate compliance including attending scheduled visits for the duration of the study;
10. Subjects must be able to swallow the study drug capsules.
You CAN'T join if...
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding;
- Health condition deemed to possibly interfere with the study endpoints and/or the safety of the patients. For example, the following conditions should be considered contraindicated for participation in the study, but this is not an exhaustive list. In case of doubt, the Investigator should consult with the sponsor's medical representative:
- Known history of a severe allergy or sensitivity to retinoids, or with known allergies to excipients in the oral capsule formulation proposed to be used in the study;
- Participation in another drug clinical trial within 30 days (or a minimum of 5 elimination half-lives) prior to screening, except ongoing participation in non-interventional studies;
- Calculated creatinine clearance (CrCL, using the Cockroft-Gault equation for example) <50 ml/min;
- Presence of total bilirubin >1.5 x ULN (in the absence of demonstrated Gilbert's syndrome), ALT and/or AST > 2.5 x ULN;
- Patient expected to be transferred to ICU or die in the next 24 hours.
- University of California Davis Medical Center
Sacramento California 95817 United States
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Newport Beach California 92663 United States
- in progress, not accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Laurent Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Phase 2/3 COVID-19 Research Study
- Study Type
- About 125 people participating
- Last Updated